Click to download Pre-Primary and Grade R Application Form | Aansoekvorm. CLICK HERE
Click to download Application Form | Aansoekvorm. CLICK HERE
1. REQUIREMENTS FOR BOARDERS
The following list of requirements should ensure that boarders, who wish to make use of the hostel’s laundry service, have clean clothes at all times. Parents of boarders who enrol at the beginning of the year, can spread their expenses by first buying only the summer uniform.
4 white open neck short-sleeved shirts with
school crest on pocket
1 Mattress Cover
4 white long-sleeved shirts
2 Fitted Sheets
2 pairs long grey flannels
Duvet & blankets
3 pairs short grey flannels
5 pairs school socks
2 Pillow cases
1 Linen bag
Black school shoes (lace-up)
Mug or cup
4 short-sleeved open neck blouses with school crest on pocket
1 Mattress Cover
4 long-sleeved blouses
2 Fitted Sheets
2 School skirts
Duvet and blankets
8 Bottle green panties
Pillow and pillow cases
1 Linen Bag
1 Mug or cup
4 pairs black panty hose or 2 pairs grey flannels
(winter) without turn ups + 5 pairs grey socks
5 pairs white socks (summer)
Black school shoes (lace-up or bar)
Clothing unique to this school is available from the school clothes shop, which is normally open on the afternoon preceding a new term. All purchases are strictly cash. No purchases on account are allowed.
2. GENERAL RULES FOR BOARDERS
- Boarders who join at the start of a year must please report between the hours of 14:00 and 17:00 on the afternoon preceding a term. No learner will be admitted unless the deposit has been paid and a debit order has been arranged.
- Telephone: On week-days parents may phone between 15:30 and 16:00; as well as between 18:00 and 18:45; and 21:00 and 21:15.
- Boarders may have cell phones. Hostel management, however, will not take any responsibility for such phones. Cell phones must be switched off (not just on silent) during meals, study and sleeping time (21:40 – 06:15). Cell phones may also not be taken to school, or if necessary, must be handed in at the office for the duration of the official school day. If the boarder does not abide by these rules, the cell phone will be confiscated for 10 school days. However, it may be bought back earlier at R5 for every day taken before the 10 day expires.
- The staff will be on duty on the Sunday of a weekend from 18:00 until 19:30 to sign in children.
- During school holidays and weekends the hostel is closed. Parents are requested to fetch their children on weekends before 14:30 if they do not travel by school bus. The hostel staff will be on duty to let learners into the hostel from Sundays at 18:00. All learners wishing to return on the Sunday should be in by 19:30. Learners returning on the Monday must return in time for school. Boarders must travel to and from the hostel in full school uniform.
- Learners must go home during weekends unless they have school commitments.
- Written permission is required for learners travelling with anyone other than their own parents, or for visiting friends. This permission, which may be faxed, must reach the school on the Thursday preceding the particular weekend.
- On Monday and Thursday afternoons, boarders are allowed to go into the village to do some shopping during set times.
- All clothing and bed linen must be clearly marked with name tapes or with special marking pens please - e.g. John le Clerc.
- Money and valuable items should be handed in to the Superintendent for safekeeping. If any such items are kept in the room, the hostel committee will not be held responsible for any loss. Parents are advised to open a savings account for children at any of the commercial banks. ATM facilities are available in Franschhoek.
- T-shirts decorated with slogans and motives which could cause offence or put the school in a bad light are absolutely forbidden.
- Every new boarder must have a lock with two keys, in order to ensure privacy of his/her cupboard. One key must be marked and handed in at the office.
- Boarders are compelled to take part in at least one summer sport and one winter sport.
- It is absolutely forbidden for boarders to smoke in the hostel. The school discourages pupils to fall into this dangerous habit.
- Boarders will only be allowed to hang mounted pictures in the rooms. No pictures and posters are allowed directly on the wall with prestik.
- The hostel has both coin and card operated public telephones. Parents are therefore requested to buy a telephone card for their child’s use.
- Parents of boarders must give one school term’s notice of withdrawal of their children from the hostel. Failure to do so will result In those parents being billed for another term.
If a boarder has sport commitments on weekends, arrangements can be made at the hostel to accommodate him/her.
4. BUS SERVICE
The school offers a bus service to Brackenfell, Goodwood and Cape Town on weekends and school holidays.
a) The bus stops at the post office on the eastern side of the Hypermarket in Brackenfell. The bus stops at Game, near N1 City. The bus stops opposite the Artscape theatre in Cape Town. On weekends the bus will arrive at Brackenfell at 15:00-15:15 and 15:20-15:30 at Goodwood and Cape Town 15:45 – 16:00.
b) On Sunday evenings, or the evening before the start of a new term, the bus departs at 18:00 from the parking area northwest of the Artscape theatre, 18:20 from N1 City and at 18:45 from the post office on the eastern side of the Hypermarket (Brackenfell).
c) Please note that the bus will not run on the evening of the first school day of the year.
d) Return tickets are available. These tickets must be paid for in advance. The price of bus tickets is subject to the price of fuel.
LEARNERS USE CELL PHONES AT THEIR OWN RISK